ORPHEUS EPHAR Symposium
July 17th-20th 2012, The Federation of European Pharmacological Societies (EPHAR), 6th European Congress on Pharmacology, Granada, Spain.
17-20 July 2012. Workshop “Standards for PhD education in Biomedicine” 17-20 July 2012, 16:00-17:30.
This workshop discussed the development of European PhD programmes in pharmacology and the standards to be expected.
Chairs: Nick Goulding (London) + Roland Jonsson (Bergen)
- Introduction (5 min) – chairmen
- PhD programmes in Spain (15 min) – Dolores Prieto (Madrid)
- PhD programmes in Germany (15 min) – Katrin Offe (Munich)
- PhD programmes in Former Eastern Europe (15 min) – Zdravko Lackovic (Zagreb)
- ORPHEUS-AMSE- WFME Standards for PhD education (20 min) – Michael Mulvany (Aarhus)
- Discussion (20 min)
July 20th 2012 The 6th European Congress of Pharmacology was held in Granada, Spain. In organization of ORPHEUS and EPHAR (The Federation of European Pharmacological Societies) workshop “Standards for PhD Education in Biomedicine” was held on July 20. Workshop was chaired by Roland Jonsson and Nick Goulding. Program was as follows:
- PhD programmes in Spain: Dolores Prieto, Department of Physiology, Faculty of Pharmacology, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
- PhD programmes in Germany: Katrin Offe, TUM Medical Graduate Center, Faculty of Medicine, Technical University Munich, Germany
- PhD programmes in Former Eastern Europe; Zdravko Lackovic, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Croatia
- ORPHEUS-AMSE- WFME Standards for PhD education; Michael Mulvany, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedicine, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Workshop was attended by about 80 participants, many of them took part in lively discussion.
Šalata 3b, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Monday-Friday: 8am – 5pm (CET)
Become a Member
Book a consultation with a member of our executive committee.